2.09.2011

Laundry Lessons

A while back I texted my mom this message, "I'm going to start a list of lessons I learn here. Lesson number one: check the weather before doing laundry in a country where you rely on clotheslines"

Well... Today I learned lesson two.

When you leave your clothes on the line overnight shake them out because animals sometimes make them their new home.

Ever found a big frog in your bra??

....I have.

I love this place... I love it even more when my bras are frogless, but it provided a good laugh nonetheless.

remmeber this post!? Glad it wasn't in her bra!


(Have I said "bra" too many times in one post for this to be considered comfortable reading? Are any of you blushing? I hope so.... I'll try not to do this again.)

5 comments:

Jenny said...

hahaha :)

Katy {and Kahler} said...

do you have to iron all your clothes, too? we have flies here that lay eggs in your clothes and if you put them on without ironing them, they burrow into your skin and the larvae hatch out like a big pimple... or so i hear.

Noelle Gonzalez said...

oh my gosh! I hope I don't have to iron. I haven't been... :)But I haven't had any fly babies hatching from my skin either, so I'm probably fine!

Kylie said...

Just want you to know that I'm living vicariously through your blog right now while sitting in my cubicle in business casual clothes. I miss you and def want to hear about those dreams during our skype date. P.S.- I was rereading your old blogs and laughed out loud at the "God is the maker of all things, and Noelle is the breaker of all things." Good news: It was a nice smile in the midst of lame afternoon. Bad news: Everyone else knew I was doing something other than work.

Kate said...

This post made me laugh so much! Especially for your comment at the end!

That said - I think I would much rather have frogs than any of the other nefarious animals (snakes and spiders and bears, OH MY!) that could be co-habitating in your clothing!!!

And I'm so glad you aren't dealing with bot flies! My sister, Elaine, had a bad run in with them when she and her husband were in Nigeria! Trust me - NOT pretty!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...