2.10.2011

Things I loved about today...

This post is going to be a little choppy. I wrote it all day in my head, but then when I actually sat down to write it I forgot it all... neat. Thanks for that, brain.

-Today I woke up and we did our daily phone devo with Gersan. Today's was especially good and I really enjoyed it!

- I worked on cleaning the office some and re-organizing random stuff. Put things in the shelves, didn't like them that way, so I rearranged them, then realized I liked them better the first way so I put them back... Everyone looked at me like I had lost my mind. I honestly kinda love that look. haha.

-School went well today!! That's 4 days in a row!!!!

-I showed up to school and all the kindergartners start chanting my name, "NoRel, norel, norel!" Then they started chanting something about being afraid of "blancs". Turns out there is a little girl who is scared of white people and they were making fun of her. Which is pretty sad. I'm going to try to not be terrifying and become her friend!

-At school I could understand the side conversations and joined in jokingly... Much laughs all around. Because of this I was told that I speak better Kreyol than Jack (one of the guys from Frontier Camp that just finished spending a lot of time here and is wildly popular in the village.) I've been told my entire trip thusfar about how good he speaks Kreyol. Today they told me I was better... Which of course, started a fight. the classroom quickly divided between who thought I spoke better and who thought Jack spoke better. Just to be thorough I took a vote. Want to hear the results? Jack=3.  Noelle=16... I took that as a win!

-There was a young woman who showed up at the end of school and was SHOCKED that I was speaking kreyol. She didn't know me before today and she kept laughing and saying, "wow! wow!" "she speaks kreyol!" "wow! she speaks everything in Kreyol!" So cute to see her reaction.

-I got told that my hairy legs were pretty!! DOUBLE WIN! Dear future husband, I might not shave my legs often. Hope that's ok. The Haitians think its pretty. Thanks, and Gig'em!

-I talked a lot today about random things that have no real need to be discussed. For example, I explained how people in Texas have accents, and people from different parts of the US talk different and treat people differently. I also explained the concept of "cowboys." That was fun! Dad, she is excited to meet a cowboy!

-One thing I'm loving about this minute is that my skype is working!! (notice I said minute, not day... there is no guarantee here.) It has been down for the past few nights and is finally alive!

-Last but certainly not least.... My dad and sister, Grace are coming to see me on Sunday!! The whole village is excited, but no one as much as me!! Love you guys!!

4 comments:

Brynne said...

I love reading about everything going on down there! Praying for you, Noelle, and I'm so excited for you because of everything God is doing through you right now!
Love, Brynne

Anonymous said...

haha, I love that you beat Jack! :)

Unknown said...

I know that little girls who is afraid of blancs...she wouldn't accept her World Vision gift for doing well in school because Dan Fran was trying to give it to her and she was afraid of him!

I am praying for you Noelle! It is awesome to hear your stories and hear about the kids. I send them hugs...please deliver. :)

Jack said...

Hahaha, well congrats on beating me. that's soo cool. ha.

Re: Hairy legs - well if you ever even in the slightest had me on a list of prospective future husbands you can go ahead and scratch me off.. ;P haha

Jacki - 2nd best kreyol speaking blanc

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...