2.18.2011

10 on Tuesday... errr. Friday: Guest post

Since my lovely seester is here I've decided to let her guest post!!! Suprise!
Gracie, I love you and I'm excited to share my blog with you!

So I would just like to say that this week has been fantastic! I could not imagine a better week! Noelle has been super fantastic and I can really tell she cares for the people of Ti Guinea. It is so fun to watch her talk with the people and see her laugh and joke in a completely different language! Pretty crazy:) (Every time Noelle walks by kids that can see her, they all start shouting "noelle! NOOelle! noELLE! NOELLE NOELLE NOELLE!!!" Cutest thing ever!) ('nother side note: I have earned the title of Ser Noelle..aka sister of Noelle...I am pretty pumped about that one!) Okay, enough of the pre-blog! Here it goes!!!



1. First day in Limbe, Noelle, Dad, and I hiked up the "small" hill to see Noelle's house! This picture cannot even begin to show you the vastness and beauty of God's creation! So AWESOME!!


                                           
2. I don't know if you have heard, but a picture is worth a thousand words.



 3.  The first and last day we got to see Noelle teaching at school. It was incredible to see her connect and teach these kids! Also, when I say kids I really mean,"individuals ranging anywhere from eight years old to twenty-two." TIH.



 4. At school, Noelle had her students read the Bible verses we had glued to the Valentines we had made them. This particular one was John 3:16, it is incredible to see truth being confessed in "Every tongue and tribe.."



 5. SHE WAS ROASTING COFFEE! This was just awesome! I don't know if I have ever in my life smelled anything so delicious!



 6. During a tour of the entire camp, we picked up a small following of "little friends". On the way down the mountain, this little boy grabbed my arm and kept helping me down the steep places. SO ADORABLE!



 7. On Wednesday, school got canceled because of the rain, and we got to play for a little while with a group of kids. :)


 8. This little girl's name was "Bebilov" (sp?), she was absolutely precious! She has an eye infection right now, and Noelle is going to give her something for it tomorrow. It will be nice to see her again before I leave, but her eyes look like they are causing her a great deal of pain. Please be praying for her!


 9. I don't know of you can see in this picture, but this girl has the cutest dimples I have ever seen! She was a sweetheart!



10. My little friend from picture 9 and Bebilov would not let go of my hands on the walk back to camp. I didn't really mind though.  :)

                                           

5 comments:

Katy {and Kahler} said...

yay! i know it is such a blessing to be able to share these adventures with family! there are still things you'll experience that no one else will understand, but how special to share these memories with those closest to you.

praying for you daily.

ps- looks like you either got picasa figured out or you found a way around it... yay! :)

Unknown said...

Ser Noelle!
You are just as beautiful as Noelle! Great blog and photos. What a gift to be able to spend time in Ti Ginen with your sister. She has touched many lives in that little village and she will always be remembered by many..likely the first "blan" they may have met and became friends with :)

Jenny:) said...

love it!!!

Ashley said...

aw. the little girl with the blue shirt was my little friend too :) she's very possessive, in a cute way.

Unknown said...

Noelle, Its looks like it was a great week. Caught the coffee bean aroma and bring it back with you. Praying for you

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...