4.28.2011

Home

I'm sorry for abandoning the blog. There have been so many times that I've sat down to write since last Tuesday. The problem with blog abandoning is that when you abandon for a while and come back there is pressure to make the new blog post stellar, and insightful, and awesome.... I make no promises for this particular post. I've been putting off blogging because I have 3 blogs written in my head. I had been planning on writing a certain blog for about a month now. waiting for the right time. Its not seeming to come. I want to just lock myself in a room and write for a straight 3 days. I probably have enough to say.

Home has been so refreshing. As many of you know, Sundays were getting so hard in Haiti. It was turning into such a wonderful, but bitter day. I missed singing to Jesus in my language. Hearing the Bible taught in a way that I could understand. Easter was going to be so difficult to be away from my family. God knew. He knew I needed to come home. He knew that I neeed time with my family. He knew that they needed time with me. Easter was wonderful. Time with family and friends was wonderful. I'm so blessed.

Part of the reason that I came home was to work on some applications to other healthcare programs and such. The application processes have brought me to College Station and has resulted in some wonderful time with some sweet friends. I saw my roommates and friends last night for dinner, and I'm currently sipping iced coffee at Mugwalls and talking with some of my former co-workers. So many hours were spent with these wonderful people, with these sweet friends, making coffee, talking with customers, just enjoying life.

Coming home has been such an easy transition. I was worried about the reverse culture shock that I might experience. I always have gone through it in some form or another. This trip home, the transition has been so smooth. Part of me feels like I never left. I just jumped right back into life with everyone, doing normal things, dance parties in the car, late nights with the family, normal life. Its been wonderful. Maybe its been easy because I know I'm going back soon. Maybe its been easy because I feel like I now live two lives. And I've come to the realization that living in two places is not easy. Its hard. And heartbreaking, so I'm showing myself more grace and patience. Whatever it is, the transition home has been wonderful. I've gotten some rest. I've been hugged. I've spoken English. Its been wonderful.

I'm sorry for abandoning the blog, but at the same time I have been trying to drink it all in. Every second. every minute.

I'm going to do my best to blog again soon. I'll post pictures. I'll tell you about the 3 blogs that are written in my head. Eventually it will all come out!

Keep praying for my village, for my friends, my family there, and here.

1 comment:

Jenny Hagstrom said...

I have always looked forward to reading your blog every time a new post shows up. I love you Noelle and I am so glad God gave you the opportunity to take on this challenge and experience. God has more plans for you, plans that are going to be a huge impact on other people. He loves you and has made you into a beautiful Godly woman for others!
Love, Jenny

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...