7.05.2010

Real Life

Hi friends,

Real life has been busy these past few days. I've gotten texts and emails reminding me that I am falling behind on my blog. Life in Haiti 6 months ago was pretty busy too, but I promise I'll work on this more this coming week. I'd like to take a second to tell you that I haven't forgotten about blogging. No worries.

I just finished my final for one of the classes I'm taking this summer! (I'm that much closer to graduating !!!!!!) My other class starts tomorrow morning. I've been excited about this class for 4 years, so it better be good!

This weekend I spent a lot of time in the car. It was totally worth it because I got to spend time with family and good friends. That was great!

The group pictured above all has been enjoying lots of time together for some friendly (and at times, not so friendly) competition.

Judah Bowles (age 3) decided that everyone needed to wear sunglasses before dinner on Friday night. Where did he get all these sunglasses you ask? My mother's stash. She went through a time in her life when she bought lots of sunglasses... didn't we all? I mean, the sun is going to be around forever, so we might as well be prepared! I know one day the sun will fall from the sky, and I'm going to want to watch it, but I'll probably need sunglasses for that too! I hope I'm close to mom's stash!



Praise God for His goodness and wisdom. I'm so thankful that He knows better than I. I'm so excited to walk this road with Him! If you have not heard this song, go listen now! Its an old Hymn, that was re-done. Hymns are just the best!

Recently, I have been really trusting that God knows what my future holds because I really have no clue. To be totally honest with you, I am 100% believing that He's got it under control and I'm excited to know what He has in store. Parts of me wish I knew what it was, but at the same time I have kept Isaiah 30:21 close to my heart.

"Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."..... I'm walking, and I'm listening. Trying to be faithful.

The problem with the way I had been thinking about that verse and that passage is that when it says "you will hear a voice BEHIND you," I was subconsiously thinking literally, BEHIND ME.

I am so thankful that God is behind me, backing me up, catching me when I fall, but I had also let myself feel like I was running blindfolded, and somewhat panicked, through a dark alley waiting for God to shout from behind, saying, "LEFT!" or "Turn right in 3 steps!"

Thankfully that is totally NOT how it is.

I was reminded by this song last night that not only am I walking in faith through this life, listening for God's directions, but I am FOLLOWING Him too! God "hems me in behind and before." His "word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path". He holds me in His hands and covers me with His wings. There is nowhere I can go apart from Him!!

So I'm not running blind.

"You lead me, and keep me from falling. You carry me close to your heart. And surely, goodness and mercy will follow me"

Amen

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...