6.27.2010

Initimidation

I have sat for altogether too long trying to decide how to begin this. Blogging is intimidating. I feel this great pressure to be funny, readable, relevant, grammatically correct, cool, etc. So forgive me if I'm not those things. Instead of trying to make it eloquent I will dive right in...

There are many reasons that I have started this blog. First of all, This blog is my Ebenezer. No, not the grump that underpays Bob Cratchit at Christmas. I mean Ebenezer as in, "Here I raise mine Ebenezer; hither by thy help I've come; and I hope, by thy good pleasure, safely to arrive at home." If you have never heard that term, or don't know the background behind it, check this out!

This is my monument unto the Lord because He has delivered me and brought me to this place in life. He is writing my story... I am just walking the road.

Today is a monumental day for me. Which is why the blog begins today.

6 months ago this very minute I was sleeping in a dingy little Day's Inn in Miami, Florida on my way to Haiti. 6 months from now I'll be either moving or preparing to move to Haiti. (At least that's the plan.)

Many interesting things happened on my past trip to Haiti. Life altering things. I have now had some time to sit, think, journal, weep, pray, talk, write, cry, rest, and begin to heal. I want to bring you down that road with me.

So here's the plan: I'm going to write as if it were 6 months ago. I will keep you updated on my current life too, but I want to bring you on this journey with me, only 6 months late. By the time we catch up to now (June 27th) I will, God willing, be moving to Haiti again... In which case I'll just write in real time. Sound good?

I'm not even going to pretend that I have all my thoughts and emotions figured out. I will never know God's full plan, but I have had some time to see Him work all things together for the good of those that love Him, and I hope to share some of that joy with you.



So.... Here I raise mine Ebenezer; Hither by His help I've come...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...